When it comes to building muscles, proteins happen to be the first choice of foods. No prizes for guessing that higher protein synthesis in your body means more muscle. However, you need to be careful and selective when deciding on which proteins to consume.
Here are five of the best proteins that can help you build quality and lean muscle mass:
- Eggs and Egg Whites – Eggs are long considered one of the best sources of proteins. It’s a matter of debate whether whole egg is better or just the egg white. However, we are not going to dive too much into it. What you need to know is that yolk is the main source of caloric content when you consume a whole egg and the main reason behind this is that it is loaded with a whole lot of healthy fats. If you are concerned only about having protein then you should opt for egg white. What most people do not know is that half of the protein in an egg is actually contained in the egg yolk. What it means is that if you want to consume egg white, then you should probably have twice as many eggs in order to get the same amount of protein.
- Lean Meats – Now, everybody knows that animal meats are highly rich in proteins but they are also rich in fats. Fat is the most caloric macronutrient and you need to keep it low. Therefore, what we need is lean meat so that we get maximum proteins while ensuring low a low-calorie count. Some of your best options here include chicken or turkey, lean cuts of beef and other low-fat red meats. Having a variety of meats will also ensure that your body is getting a whole lot of micronutrients.
- Seafood – Seafood is another great source of protein but stay away from fried seafood. Seafood is a great source of vitamins, minerals, good fats and of course, proteins. Some of the best fish that you can include in your diet include haddock, pollack, cod, and tuna. Not just this, you can also consider including salmon in your diet. It’s not just rich in proteins but is also a great source of omega 3 fatty acids that help a great deal in enhancing testosterone in your body.
- Beans and Legumes – Even though beans are high in carbs, they are high in protein too. Apart from this, beans are also high in fiber that’s great for your body. Beans are also loaded with a wide range of vitamins and minerals that play a vital role in maintaining your health. Try to include a variety of beans in your diet.
- Nuts and Seeds – Finally, nuts and seeds are also you must include in your diet. These are packed in proteins and micronutrients. Almonds, walnuts, pine nuts etc. are rich in proteins and contain vital minerals too. Just a small serving of nuts is what you should include in your diet every day. They can be a great snack in between meals.
So, here’s a list of some of the finest protein sources that you must have if you want to build bigger, stronger and harder muscles.