Dianabol’s generic name is methandrostenolone, and it was first created by Ciba. But Ciba Dianabol has been withdrawn from the market since in 1983 due to the risks and dangers it brings to those who are taking this drug. Today, people still call methandrostenolone anabolic steroids Dianabol, although some just call it D-bol for short.
There is some confusion among some people as to what methandienone is, because sometimes a modern D-bol product will list this as its generic name. Methandienone is virtually the same as methandrostenolone, which is why sometimes the terms are interchangeable. The only difference is in the spatial configuration of their chemical structures. That’s all. In every other aspect, methandienone is exactly the same as methandrostenolone. They offer the exact same benefits and liabilities.
Pros of Methandienone
D-bol has remained popular for more than half a century for a variety of reasons. Perhaps the most obvious is that it promotes weight gain. You can bulk up very effectively which is why it is used in the “bulking” cycle. It is also quite effective in boosting the strength and stamina of the user. In other words, you can lift heavier weights for a longer period of time, which truly improves the effectiveness of your weightlifting program.
Also, these gains are extremely rapid. You don’t have to wait long before you realize all these gains.
Finally, D-bol is the choice of many bodybuilders (especially beginners) because its side effects are very predictable. Its long history has already shown what it can do—both good and bad.
Cons of Methandienone
But what are these side effects? The documented side effects are well known among the bodybuilding community:
- Methandienone suppresses the natural production of testosterone. This is the reason why methandienone use is invariably accompanied by testosterone supplements.
- Methandienone easily converts to estrogen. This causes two well-known side effects. One is gynecomastia, or the swelling of breasts in men (man-boobs). The other common problem is water retention, in which a man looks bloated and develops a condition called the “moon face”.
- Methandienone also has androgenic side effects. This includes excessive hair growth on the body and face, oily skin, and severe acne. It can also accelerate male-pattern baldness.
- It can also damage the liver, and this is the primary reason why D-bol is not used for long. Periodic liver monitoring is essential when you use D-bol, as the damage may eventually become life-threatening.
- Cardiovascular complications are also very common. Methandienone lowers good cholesterol levels and raises the level of bad cholesterol, and this can lead to arteriosclerosis. It also raises the blood pressure and can cause hypertrophy, which in turn increases the likelihood of myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Also, the use of methandienone is banned by just about every sports body in the world, and its use is also a crime in many countries including the US.
Instead of trying to decide on whether the benefits of methandienone outweigh the potential risks, the best solution is to use a better alternative. Among the most prominent is D-Bal from Crazy Bulk.
It can help you get results as good as the actual steroid without any side effects. D-Bal is a powerful anabolic that is a massive hit among bodybuilders. Not just this, it is a staff favorite too. It not only increases protein synthesis and nitrogen retention in the body but also enhances recovery.