Testosterone foods, as the name suggests, can be used to enhance your testosterone levels. Increasing testosterone with the help of foods is not just for increasing libido or sexual appetite but for enhancing better overall health and wellness. This is because testosterone is responsible for maintaining a lot of vital functions in men.
Testosterone not only controls and regulates bone health, muscle growth and development but is also known to play a role in controlling brain functions like focus and attention to detail.
Though there are a couple of options that can help you boost your testosterone levels, certain foods can do the trick quite effectively. As a matter of fact, testosterone foods are the first option you should consider when trying to elevate your testosterone levels.
Recommended Testosterone Foods For Men
Production of testosterone involves your testes, the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus gland. Both the pituitary and hypothalamus glands are located in the brain. Hypothalamus is responsible for signaling the pituitary gland in order to increase or decrease hormonal functions in the body, along with their secretion. It’s for this reason that pituitary gland is known as the master gland in the body. As far as testosterone is concerned, the pituitary gland releases LH or luteinizing hormone that stimulates Leydig cells in the testes to produce more testosterone.
Testosterone foods do not contain any testosterone in themselves but they help your body produce more testosterone.
Testosterone level in your body is influenced by a whole lot of factors that could include:
- your age
- level or physical activity or exercise
- stress levels
- lack of sleep
- emotional issues etc.
Testosterone production in your body it at its highest level during puberty and early adolescence. However, once you hit 30, things begin changing and testosterone production starts plummeting at the rate of 1-1.5% a year. This translates into a loss of 10-15% over a decade. In other words, a 40-year-old man is 10-15% short of testosterone. This doesn’t look like a big drop and you actually live with it. However, by the time you reach 50, this drop in testosterone reaches a level of 20-30%. No wonder, most men begin feeling the effects at this age.
Thankfully, a healthy diet and an active lifestyle can help boost testosterone production in men.
List of Testosterone Boosting Foods
- Honey – Honey is supposed to be rich in nitric oxide and boron. While boron is excellent for enhancing testosterone synthesis in your body, nitric oxide plays a crucial role in increasing blood flow by dilating the blood vessels.
- Garlic – Garlic is known to be a highly effective stress buster. What it means is that it can help lower stress hormone cortisol, which is inversely related to testosterone. When cortisol goes down, testosterone goes up.
- Eggs – Eggs are a great source of fat or cholesterol. It’s important to keep in mind that all anabolic steroid hormones like testosterone are produced with cholesterol. Thus, eggs are supposed to be great for testosterone production. In addition to fat, eggs are packed with Vitamin D and proteins, which are great for enhancing testosterone levels.
- Ginseng – This ancient herb is supposed to be a powerful libido booster for men. It not only increases blood flow in the body but also gives a thrust to testosterone production. It’s also known to lower stress and increase semen production in men.
- Almonds – Almonds are an excellent source of zinc. Now, zinc is crucial for testosterone production. Another great source of zinc are oysters, which makes them a powerful aphrodisiac.
- Spinach – This veggie is a rich source of minerals such as magnesium and vitamins C and E that help in production of testosterone.
- Wild Salmon – It’s a great source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids or the good fat required by your body to produce testosterone.
- Tuna – Like salmon, tuna is another oily fish that’s a great source of essential fats. It’s great for boosting testosterone.
- Some of the other foods that can help increase testosterone include fenugreek, green tea, maca, pine pollen, oats, oatmeal, Brazil nuts, pine nuts, walnuts etc.
Combining Testosterone Foods with Lifestyle
Coupled with testosterone foods, a healthy lifestyle can be a big help in enhancing testosterone. Here are some lifestyle tips to boost testosterone:
- Strength Training – If you are into bodybuilding, you should already be aware of this one. Weight training is the best form of exercise when it comes to enhancing testosterone production in men. Compound movements like presses, pull-ups and squats are the best for testosterone production.
- Adequate Sleep – Lack of sleep raises cortisol and lowers testosterone. Make sure you hit the bed early and sleep peacefully for at least 6-7 hours if you want to boost your testosterone.
- Stop Drinking Alcohol – Alcohol is a suppressant and it’s likely to lower testosterone production in your body. Even two drinks a day can lead to a significant drop in your T-levels.
- Reduce Stress – Stress can affect you and your body functions in a massive way. By reducing and managing stress you can help your body produce more testosterone. Practice yoga or meditation to lower stress. Check out some great ways to lower stress here.
Natural Testosterone Supplements
Last, but not the least, you can try natural testosterone supplements. Such supplements are a great way of increasing testosterone without fearing any kind of nasty side effects that are so commonly associated with testosterone injections or shots.
Testo Max from Crazy Bulk is one of the finest testosterone supplements that can help your body produce more testosterone safely and quickly. It’s great for both bulking and cutting. It can help you get bigger and stronger muscles while burning excess fat in your body. It can also do wonders for your libido and sex life by ensuring rock solid erections.